Good Day All!
I hope you are all having a Terrific Tuesday in the second week of August. Over the past weekend, JSW Media Group held a session of its Coffee Talk. JSW Owner Jameka and myself discussed effective team building and efficient meeting strategies. For those that were there in person and tuned in online, we had an awesome time. For those that were not there here is a quick recap of what we shared:
EFFECTIVE TEAM BUILDING STRATEGIES:
- A plan is power: make sure you have clear goals and objectives for the team you wish build.
- Continuing education is key: teams are fluid, as they grow, they must consistently stay cutting edge and developed.
- Communicate, above else: teams are relationship based, and the best relationships have honest/transparent communication
- Growing involves grading: reflection for the team and self-help the team thrive.
EFFECTIVE MEETING STRATEGIES:
- Have an agenda!
- Invite the necessary people
- Document the meeting
- Have a start and ending time
- Unless the meeting is virtual and requires technology, ban distractions such as phones, tablets, etc…
Starting or maintaining a nonprofit/small business is a lot of work. By following tried and true strategies that focus on success makes it a bit easier. Determine what size team you need based on your resources, scope and capacity. Make meetings fun and productive. And remember, JSW Media is here to help. Head to our webpage (www.jswmediagroup.com) or find us on IG/FB/Twitter @jswmedia, so you can find out when the next installment of Coffee Talk will be.
Have an awesome day!
Keith Cradle [@mrcradle on IG/Twitter]